The objectives of UEMS include the promotion of quality patient care through the harmonisation and improvement in the quality of specialists’ medical care throughout the European Union and the encouragement and facilitation of CME for European specialists. UEMS has been very active in the field of CME-CPD. Among the corner stones in this field are:
- The Charter on CME of Medical Specialists in the European Union from 1994,
- The Criteria for International Accreditation of CME from 1999,
- The Basel Declaration on CPD from 2001,
- The Declaration on Promoting Good Medical Care from 2004 and
- The Budapest Declaration on Ensuring the Quality of Medical Care from 2006.
Become a Delegate!
Is your country not represented by a delegate? Contact us and we will inform you about the requirements and next steps.
Meeting with Delegates On the occasion of CIRSE 2018, Lisbon, Portugal